Name of Credential
Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CPHIMS)
Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
33 West Monroe Street, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60603
To qualify to take the CPHIMS examination and earn CPHIMS certification, you must either:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and
- Have five years of information and management systems* experience, with three of those years in a healthcare setting.
- Hold a graduate degree or higher from an accredited college or university and
- Have three years of information and management systems* experience, with two of those years in a healthcare setting.
Duration of initial certification
Candidates may renew the CPHIMS credential through one (1) of the following ways:
- Successful re-examination. To renew this way, successfully pass the CPHIMS Examination no more than six (6) months prior to expiration of your CPHIMS certification (subject to usual fees and provisions for testing). An additional CPHIMS Renewal fee is not required if a candidate selects this way to renew the designation.
- Completion of 45 clock hours of continuing professional education over the three (3)-year renewal period and payment of the renewal fee.
- Domain 1: General (28 questions)
- Domain 2: Systems (40 questions)
- Domain 3: Administration (32 questions)
- Initial Certification fee: $295
- Recertification fee: $195