Name of Credential
Certified Associate in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS)
Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
33 West Monroe Street, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60603
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Duration of initial certification
Candidates may renew the CAHIMS credential through one (1) of the following ways:
- Successful re-examination. To renew this way, successfully pass the CAHIMS Examination no more than six (6) months prior to expiration of your CAHIMS certification (subject to usual fees and provisions for testing). An additional CAHIMS Renewal fee is not required if a candidate selects this way to renew the designation.
- Completion of 45 clock hours of continuing professional education over the three (3)-year renewal period and payment of the renewal fee.
- Domain 1: General (26 questions)
- Domain 2: Healthcare Information and Systems Management (52 questions)
- Domain 3: Administration (22 questions)
- Domain 4: Leadership and Advanced Professional Practice (18 questions)
- Initial Certification fee: $235
- Recertification fee: $195